PicoSens™ Triglyceride Assay Kit
- Life Science
- PicoSens™ Triglyceride Assay Kit
Triglycerides (TG) are the main constituent of vegetable oil, animal fat, LDL and VLDL, and play an important role as transporters of fatty acids as well as serving as an energy source. TG are broken down into fatty acids and glycerol, after which both can serve as substrates for energy producing and metabolic pathways. High blood levels of TG are implicated in atherosclerosis, heart disease and stroke as well as in pancreatitis. The Triglyceride Assay Kit provides a sensitive, easy assay to measure TG concentration in a variety of samples. In the assay, TG are converted to free fatty acids and glycerol. The glycerol is then oxidized to generate a product which reacts with the probe to generate color (spectrophotometry at λ = 570 nm) and fluorescence (Ex/Em = 535/587 nm).
|Triglyceride Assay Buffer||25 ㎖||
|Triglyceride Enzyme Mix (Lyophilized)||1 vial|
|Triglyceride Lipase (Lyophilized)||1 vial|
|Triglyceride Probe||200 ㎕|
|Triglyceride Standard (1 mM)||300 ㎕|
Triglyceride Concentration (C) = B/V x D (nmol/ ㎕ or mM)
1) Koh, Y.I., Oh, K.S., Kim, J.A., Noh, B., Choi, H.J., Joo, S.Y., Rim, J.H., Kim, H.-Y., Kim, D.Y., Yu, S., et al. (2022). OSBPL2 mutations impair autophagy and lead to hearing loss, potentially remedied by rapamycin. Autophagy 18, 2593-2614. 10.1080/15548627.2022.2040891.
2) Lee, D., Lee, K.-H., Kim, D.W., Yoon, S., and Cho, J.-Y. (2022). CXCL5 inhibits excessive oxidative stress by regulating white adipocyte differentiation. Redox Biology 54, 102359. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.redox.2022.102359.
3) Barathikannan, K., Chelliah, R., Yeon, S.-J., Tyagi, A., Elahi, F., Vijayalakshmi, S., Agastian, P., Arockiasami, V., and Hawn Oh, D. (2023). Untargeted metabolomics of fermented onion (Allium cepa L) using UHPLC Q-TOF MS/MS reveals anti-obesity metabolites and in vivo efficacy in Caenorhabditis elegans. Food Chemistry 404, 134710. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodchem.2022.134710.
5) Park, S.-J., Kim, J.-L., Park, M.-R., Lee, J.W., Kim, O.-K., and Lee, J. (2022). Indian gooseberry and barley sprout mixture prevents obesity by regulating adipogenesis, lipogenesis, and lipolysis in C57BL/6J mice with high-fat diet-induced obesity. Journal of Functional Foods 90, 104951. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jff.2022.104951.
7) Lee, H., Cho, S., Kim, S.-Y., Ju, J., Lee, S.W., Choi, S., Li, H., Piao, R., Park, H.-Y., and Jeong, T.-S. (2022). Amentoflavone-Enriched Selaginella rossii Warb. Suppresses Body Weight and Hyperglycemia by Inhibiting Intestinal Lipid Absorption in Mice Fed a High-Fat Diet. Life 12, 472.